Zucchini spaghetti take the place of pasta in this delicious summer lunch dish. Zucchini has a mildly laxative effect and, when combined with omega fatty acids from hemp and pumpkin seed oils, will help to clear the skin of impurities and nourish it. Pine nuts deliver a rich source of protein to turn this dish into a light, but complete, meal.
- 1 zucchini,
- 1 summer squash,
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, finely chopped,
- 1⁄3 cup pine nuts, coarsely ground,
- 2 tsp hemp oil,
- 2 tsp pumpkin seed oil,
- juice 1⁄2 lemon,
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
Makes 2 servings
- Put the zucchini and squash through a vegetable spiralizer (a turning vegetable slicer) to slice them into long threads, or “spaghetti”; if you don’t own a spiralizer, slice the zucchini lengthwise as thinly as possible, or use spaghetti squash.
- Place the cilantro in a bowl, add the pine nuts, hemp, and pumpkin seed oils, and stir well to make a pesto.
- Put the zucchini and squash in a serving bowl, add the cilantro pesto, and toss the ingredients well. Add some lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste, and serve.