This gently moisturizing and soothing viola and evening primrose skin cream is perfect for sensitive skin. Viola, also known as heartsease, soothes and calms irritated skin and is often used to relieve conditions such as eczema. In this recipe, it’s combined with essential fatty acid-rich avocado and evening primrose oils and gentle chamomile nurture delicate skin.
- 1 tsp lanolin,
- 1 tsp avocado oil,
- 1 tsp evening primrose oil,
- 2 tbsp viola and chamomile infusion (50:50 mix),
- 1⁄4oz (10g) emulsifying wax.
Makes 11⁄2oz (40g)
- Melt the lanolin, avocado oil, and evening primrose oil in a bowl set over a saucepan of boiling water (bain-marie).
- Put the chamomile and viola infusion and emulsifying wax into a saucepan and heat gently until the emulsifier has dissolved.
- Gradually add the infusion to the lanolin and oil mixture, whisking it together for about 10 seconds.
- Pour into a sterilized dark glass jar with a tight-fitting lid, place in the fridge, and use within two months.