Tea tree and thyme foot balm is a soothing and cleansing balm that helps treating ailments such as athlete’s foot or fungal infections. Research on thyme and tea tree essential oils has confirmed their potent antibacterial and antifungal properties. In this recipe, they are combined with soothing comfrey and marshmallow extracts, and they also improve the regeneration of healthy skin. Use within six months.
- 2 tsp beeswax,
- 3 tbsp almond oil,
- 1 tbsp wheatgerm oil,
- 1 tsp comfrey tincture,
- 1 tsp marshmallow tincture,
- 5 drops tea tree essential oil
- 5 drops thyme essential oil.
Makes about 23⁄4oz (80g)
- Combine the beeswax and almond and wheatgerm oils in a bowl set over a saucepan of boiling water (bain-marie). Heat, stirring frequently, until the beeswax has melted.
- Remove from the heat and, when cooled a little, add the essential oils and tinctures.
- Transfer into a sterilized jar with a tight-fitting lid and leave to cool and set. Depending on the room temperature, this may take up to 12 hours.