This warmly scented and gentle fizzing bath bomb is perfect for children. It lifts the spirits and, at the same time, calms the emotions with its warm, citrus fragrances of orange and mandarin combined with relaxing, soothing lavender. Golden calendula oil and grated citrus zest bring color and texture.
- 3 tbsp baking soda,
- 1 tbsp citric acid,
- 7 drops mandarin essential oil,
- 2 drops orange essential oil,
- 1 drop lavender essential oil,
- 2 tsp calendula oil,
- a pinch of orange, mandarin, or lemon peel, finely grated.
Makes 4 small bombs
- Combine the baking soda and citric acid on a flat plate. Add the essential oils by sprinkling them over the powder.
- With a spoon, heap the powder into the middle of the plate. Shape a small well in the center of the powder and add the calendula oil.
- Gradually mix it into the powder to bind the bath bomb together. It will also add some color. Add the citrus peel zest while mixing.
- Press the mixture firmly into shaped molds such as pastry cutters or ice-cube trays, or mold the ingredients into balls with your hands. Keep in a dry place and use within two months.