Sour cherry syrup is a great mixture with the anti-inflammatory properties which are delivered by the cherry juice. Long-distance runners consume cherry juice concentrates before and after exercising, because it aids muscle recovery and pain release. What is more, sour cherries help you to look youthful, increase liver function, and regulate sleep patterns. About 200 cherries (1lb 5oz/660g) will produce 13⁄4 cups of cherry juice.
- 13⁄4 cups sour cherry juice, freshly pressed,
- 11⁄4 cups sugar.
canada goose canada goose canada goose Makes approx 2 cups
- Pour the juice into a saucepan, stir in the sugar, and heat gently. Stir constantly until the sugar has dissolved, then simmer for 20 minutes over low heat.
- Strain the syrup and transfer in a sterilized glass bottle with a tight-fitting lid.
- Keep in the fridge and use within a few weeks.
- Drink diluted with cold or hot mineral water.