An effective emergency salve for bruises, bumps, scrapes, and bites, soothing herbal balm is an important first aid remedy to have at home at all times. The therapeutic blend of herbal extracts, including calendula, St. John’s wort, and gotu kola, are blended with niaouli oils and antiseptic myrrh to help relieve all forms of skin irritations and soothe scrapes.
- 41⁄2 tsp calendula macerated oil,
- 2 tsp St. John’s wort (hypericum) macerated oil,
- 11⁄2 tsp (8g) beeswax,
- 12 drops myrrh essential oil,
- 12 drops lavender essential oil,
- 4 drops niaouli essential oil,
- 4 drops echinacea tincture,
- 4 drops gotu kola tincture.
Makes 11⁄2oz (40g)
- Heat the St. John’s wort oil and calandula oil with the beeswax in a bowl set over a saucepan of boiling water (bain-marie).
- When the mixture has cooled, blend in the essential oils and tinctures.
- Pour into a sterilized dark glass jar with a tight-fitting lid, and allow to set. Use within three months.