Rose and geranium moisturizer is a light moisturizer for normal skin, with a refreshing, floral scent. Apricot is an amazing skin-conditioning oil, and in this recipe it’s combined with light, easily absorbed grapeseed oil and enriching cocoa butter to smooth and nourish the skin. Balancing geranium and soothing rose are also blended in to control moisture levels for dewy, soft skin.
- 1 tsp beeswax,
- 1 tsp cocoa butter,
- 1 tbsp apricot kernel oil,
- 2 tbsp grapeseed oil,
- 2 tsp emulsifying wax,
- 2 tbsp rose petal infusion,
- 10 drops geranium essential oil.
Makes 11⁄2oz (40g)
- Heat the beeswax, cocoa butter, apricot, and grapeseed oils in a bowl set over a saucepan of boiling water (bain-marie).
- Dissolve the emulsifying wax in the freshly made, and still warm, infusion.
- Gradually add the infusion to the oil mixture, whisking fast for about 10 seconds. As the mixture cools, mix in the geranium essential oil.
- Store in a sterilized dark glass jar with a tight-fitting lid in the fridge, and use within two months.