This gentle rose and calendula bath infusion refreshes and nurtures, making it an amazing tonic for sensitive and dry skin. The balancing and cooling properties of roses are well-known; this recipe includes extracts from both the flowers and the vitamin- and flavonoid-rich hips. It also uses cider vinegar to soften the skin and calendula to soothe it.
- 2 tsp dried rose petals/buds,
- 1 tsp dried rosehips,
- 1 tsp salt,
- 1 tsp cider vinegar,
- 5 drops calendula tincture,
- 8 drops rose essential oil,
- 2 drops geranium essential oil.
Makes enough for 1 bath
- Make an infusion by pouring 2 cups of hot water over the rose petals and rosehips.
- Strain the infusion and add the remaining ingredients.
- Use immediately by adding to the bath water.