These fragrantly sweet but mildly tart fresh berries are a rich source of phytonutrients with antimicrobial, antioxidant, and anticarcinogenic qualities. Their seed oil contains extremely high levels of vitamins E and A and omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, and they also protect the heart and nourish the liver. You have to try this power berry smoothie.
- 2 tbsp fresh raspberries,
- 2 tbsp fresh blackberries,
- 2 tbsp fresh blueberries,
- 2 tbsp fresh blackcurrants,
- 2 tsp acai berry powder,
- 11⁄4 pints (800ml) lemongrass infusion, cold,
- a little mineral water (optional),
- a dash of maple syrup or a pinch of stevia powder (optional).
Makes 2 servings
- Put the fresh berries and acai berry powder in a blender or food processor, pour into the lemongrass infusion, and blend until you get a a smooth, silky texture.
- If necessary, gradually add a little mineral water to get a consistency you desire.
- Ensure that most of the seeds from the fruit have been ground down to enable them to release their oils. If desired, add the maple syrup or stevia powder to sweeten the mixture.