This shampoo contains borage, also called starflower oil, which is rich in essential fatty acids, including gamma-linolenic acid, and work particularly nourishing to dry, irritated skin. In this recipe, it’s combined with nettle rich in minerals, cooling sage, and relaxing lavender, to create a rinse that soothes irritated scalps prone to dandruff. Lemon and cedarwood essential oils support the restorative properties of the herbs.
- 3 tbsp ordinary shampoo,
- 3 tbsp infusion of equal parts lavender, nettle, and sage,
- scant 1 tsp borage (starflower) oil,
- 6 drops cedarwood essential oil,
- 2 drops lemon essential oil.
Makes 31⁄2fl oz (100ml)
- Mix together all the ingredients.
- Use within one week, or keep in the fridge and use within two weeks.