Marshmallow moisturizer is a deeply nourishing, enriching moisturizer appropriate for dry skin This is a rich blend of cocoa butter and almond and avocado oils, which ensure that skin will stay supple and well protected from any moisture loss. Marshmallow has a softening, soothing effect, while bergamot and geranium essential oils are refreshing and toning.
- 1 tsp beeswax,
- 1 tsp cocoa butter,
- 1 tbsp avocado oil,
- 2 tbsp almond oil,
- 2 tsp emulsifying wax,
- 2 tbsp marshmallow infusion,
- 4 drops geranium essential oil,
- 5 drops bergamot essential oil.
Makes 11⁄2oz (40g)
- Heat the beeswax, cocoa butter, avocado, and almond oils in a bowl set over a saucepan of boiling water (bain-marie).
- Dissolve the emulsifying wax in the freshly made, and still warm, infusion.
- Gradually add the infusion to the oil mixture, whisking fast for about 10 seconds.
- As the mixture cools, mix in the essential oils.
- Store in a sterilized dark glass jar with a tight-fitting lid in the fridge, and use within two months.