Foot scrubs cleanse and nourish feet and effectively remove rough skin, and leave your feet feeling fresh and soft. In this mandarin and myrrh foot scrub, pumice powder effectively smooths away hard skin and improves circulation, while a mix of deeply moisturizing cocoa butter, skin-softening marshmallow herb, cleansing mandarin and myrrh essential oils, and enriching apricot kernel oil nourish the skin.
- 1/2oz (15g) crushed pumice stone,
- 1⁄4oz (10g) cocoa butter,
- 1⁄4oz (10g) beeswax,
- 3 tbsp apricot kernel oil,
- 1⁄4oz (10g) emulsifying wax,
- 2 tbsp marshmallow infusion,
- 12 drops myrrh essential oil,
- 8 drops mandarin essential oil.
Makes 1 x 11⁄2oz (40g) jar
- Grind the pumice stone in a pestle and mortar to create a fine powder.
- Warm the cocoa butter, beeswax, and apricot kernel oil together in a bowl set over a saucepan of boiling water (bain-marie) until all the ingredients melt. Then take off the heat.
- Dissolve the emulsifying wax in the freshly made, and still warm, marshmallow infusion.
- Gradually add the infusion to the oily mixture and stir until it cools.
- Add the essential oils and pumice stone, and mix thoroughly.
- Store in a sterilized dark glass jar with a tight-fitting lid in the fridge, and use within three months.