Enriching coconut oil is renowned for being one of the best treats for the hair and scalp. It smooths and softens the hair, while moisturizing the skin. It’s an ideal treat for conditioning taming flyaway ends or unruly curls. Adding rosemary, lavender, and geranium essential oils to the conditioner will encourage hair growth and restore vitality to dull hair.
- 1 x 31⁄2oz (100g) jar coconut oil,
- 10 drops lavender essential oil,
- 8 drops rosemary essential oil,
- 6 drops geranium essential oil.
Makes 31⁄2oz (100g)
- Melt the coconut oil by placing the sealed jar in a bowl of hot water; the water should only reach halfway up the side of the jar.
- When oil has melted, mix in the essential oils thoroughly. Leave to cool and set. If it’s hot, you may want to keep this blend refrigerated to keep it solid.
- To use, warm some of the blend by rubbing it in your hands, then massage it into the hair and scalp. Then wrap a warm towel around your head and leave for 30 minutes.
- Remove the oil by applying your shampoo and working it into the hair before adding water. Rinse the hair and shampoo again if necessary.