Honey has been highly valued as one of nature’s best skin treatments for centuries. It soothes, softens, protects the skin from moisture loss, and acts as a lubricant. Rose oil, with its tonifying and cooling qualities, and lavender oil, which cleanses and freshens, are also added to this exfoliating face scrub to help balance and condition your skin and deliver a feeling of relaxed well-being.
- scant 1oz (25g) dried rose petals,
- 2 tbsp dried lavender flowers,
- 1 drop lavender essential oil,
- 1 drop rose essential oil,
- 2 tsp honey.
Makes enough for 1 application
- Pour a cup of boiling water over half the rose petals, and make an infusion. Cover and set aside.
- Grind the rest of rose petals and the lavender flowers with a pestle and mortar until powdered.
- Mix together the powdered herbs, the essential oils and honey, and add so much rose infusion that you can create a soft paste.
- To use, apply to the face and rub in a circular motion to clean your skin.