Honey and orange body scrub is an enriching scrub appropriate for all types of skin. It effectively exfoliates and cleanses the skin. Ground rice offers the exfoliating action, clay is used to draw impurities from the skin, and honey moisturizes and smoothes. Orange and geranium essential oils have a toning effect and also provide a bright, sunny fragrance.
- 1⁄4oz (10g) kaolin powder,
- 1oz (30g) ground rice,
- 1 tsp orange flower water,
- 1 tbsp honey,
- 5 drops calendula tincture,
- 2 drops orange essential oil,
- 1 drop geranium essential oil.
Makes approx 13⁄4oz (50g)
- Grind the kaolin and ground rice together in a pestle and mortar to make a fine powder. Mix the orange flower water and a little warmed honey (warming makes the honey easier to blend) into the powder mixture and blend well with the essential oils and tincture. Transfer into a sterilized glass jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- To use, mix the scrub with a little warm water to create a paste and apply to damp skin with a circular motion. Rinse with warm water. Use within two months.