Honey and avocado body scrub is great for softening areas of dry and rough skin (but not eczema patches). This is an exfoliating paste that can be rapidly whipped up for skin-smoothing emergencies. Honey has cleansing, soothing properties and is a natural treat for the skin. When combined with nourishing olive oil, softening avocado, and exfoliating pumice powder, this simple recipe quickly transforms dull, dry skin.
- scant 1oz (25g) crushed pumice stone,
- 1 ripe avocado,
- 1 tbsp honey,
- 1 tbsp olive oil,
- 2 drops lemon balm essential oil (optional).
Makes enough for 1 treatment
- Grind the pumice stone to a fine powder in a pestle and mortar.
- With a fork mash the avocado in a bowl.
- Slightly warm the honey, then spoon it into the bowl followed by the olive oil (and lemon balm essential oil if using).
- Mix the mixture thoroughly before slowly adding the pumice.
- Stir carefully, adding enough pumice to make sure the mixture sticks together.
- Use immediately.