Gotu kola and ginger body toning cream is a nourishing cream with stimulating herbal extracts to restore suppleness and tone. Gotu kola has anti-inflammatory qualities and stimulates the formation of collagen, which firms and boosts the suppleness of the skin, while black pepper, ginger, and lemon essential oils improve circulation and help to tone the skin.
- 1 tbsp apricot oil,
- 2 tbsp gotu kola infusion,
- 2 tsp emulsifying wax,
- 2 drops black pepper essential oil,
- 3 drops ginger essential oil,
- 2 drops lemon essential oil.
Makes 11⁄2oz (40g)
- Heat the apricot oil in a bowl set over a saucepan of boiling water (bain-marie).
- Heat the gotu kola infusion and emulsifying wax slowly in a saucepan until the emulsifier has dissolved in the infusion.
- Gradually add the infusion to the apricot oil, stirring nonstop. When the mixture has cooled, stir in the essential oils.
- Store in a sterilized dark glass jar (p194) with a tight-fitting lid in the fridge, and use within 2 months.