Frankincense and orange flower hand cream is a smoothing, revitalizing cream that contains nourishing calendula oil, moisturizing cocoa butter and a toning aromatherapy blend of orange and frankincense essential oils. Some invaluable orange flower water added to the blend provides an amazing scent and helps to make a great restorative treatment for dry skin.
- 11⁄2 tsp cocoa butter,
- 1 tsp beeswax,
- 2 tsp calendula macerated oil,
- 3 tbsp orange flower water,
- 2 tsp emulsifying wax,
- 10 drops orange essential oil,
- 5 drops frankincense essential oil.
Makes 3oz (85g)
- Melt the cocoa butter, beeswax, and calendula oil in a bowl set over a saucepan of boiling water (bain-marie).
- Slowly warm the orange flower water and dissolve the emulsifying wax into it.
- Gradually mix the orange flower water and emulsifying wax into the oily mixture and continue to stir until the cream has cooled.
- Stir in the orange and frankincense essential oils.
- Store in a sterilized glass jar with a tight-fitting lid in the fridge, and use within two months.