Frankincense and rosehip skin cream is luxurious facial cream that will keep your skin smooth and radiant. Frankincense is valued for its restorative, toning, and anti-aging properties while rosehip oil helps to increase skin elasticity and prevent the skin from losing moisture. Neroli oil, the invaluable essential oil from the blossom of the bitter orange tree, helps to treat fine lines and promotes a bright, radiant complexion.
- 1⁄2 tsp cocoa butter,
- 1 tsp calendula oil,
- 1 tsp rosehip seed oil,
- 1⁄4oz (10g) emulsifying wax,
- 2 drops frankincense essential oil,
- 1 drop neroli essential oil.
Makes 11⁄2oz (40g)
- Heat the cocoa butter, calendula oil, and rosehip oil in a bowl set over a saucepan of boiling water (bain-marie).
- Slowly heat the emulsifier and 2 tbsp (30ml) water in a saucepan until the emulsifier has dissolved. Gradually add this to the cocoa butter and oil mixture, whisking it together for about 10 seconds.
- When the mixture has cooled, stir in the essential oils.
- Store in a sterilized dark glass jar (p194) with a tight-fitting lid in the fridge, and use within 2 months.