If you want to make to make your bathtime a special occasion, just add this exotic bath bomb with sensual fragrance to running bath water. The powdery mix softens the water, while the aromatherapeutic combination of exotic Madagascan ylang ylang flowers, earthy vetiver, and relaxing, warm citrus calms your mind and brings a deep sense of well-being.
- 3 tbsp baking soda,
- 1 tbsp citric acid,
- 4 drops mandarin essential oil,
- 3 drops vetiver essential oil,
- 2 drops ylang ylang essential oil,
- 1 petitgrain essential oil,
- 2 tsp St. John’s wort (hypericum) macerated oil,
- a pinch of rose petals, finely chopped.
Makes 4 small bombs
- Combine the baking soda and citric acid on a flat plate. Add the essential oils by sprinkling them over the powder.
- With a spoon, heap the powder into the middle of the plate. Shape a small well in the center of the powder and add the deep red St. John’s wort oil and the rose petals.
- Gradually mix the powder, oil, and rose petals together. The hypericum oil gives color and helps the ingredients to bind together.
- Press the mixture firmly into shaped molds such as pastry cutters or ice-cube trays, or mold the ingredients into balls with your hands. Keep in a dry place and use within two months.