Coconut oil makes an amazing nurturing treatment for all types of hair. It’s easily absorbed into the scalp, moisturizes and enriches the skin, and smooths and softens hair. A blend of mandarin, lavender, and petitgrain essential oils adds a fresh and cleansing fragrance to this deeply conditioning coconut conditioner.
- 31/2oz (100g) jar coconut oil,
- 8 drops lavender essential oil,
- 7 drops mandarin essential oil,
- 5 drops petitgrain essential oil.
Makes 31⁄2fl oz (100ml)
- Melt the coconut oil by placing the jar in a bowl of hot water; the water only has to reach half way up the sides of the jar. Once the coconut oil has melted, remove the jar from the bowl. Mix the essential oils into the coconut oil before it sets. Leave to cool.
- To use, melt some of the infused oil in the palms of your hands and massage into the hair and scalp. Leave on for at least two hours, then rinse. If you apply your shampoo before wetting your hair, it’ll be easier to remove the coconut treatment. Use within six months.