The toxic environment, in which many people live today, puts great strain on the liver, so good liver health is more vital than ever before. This dandelion and burdock tincture of bitter herbs encourages the liver to metabolize toxic residues, and stimulates the rest of the digestive system. In addition, it enhances the blood circulation and helps to make you feel calmer and less irritable.
- 3⁄4oz (20g) dandelion root,
- 3⁄4oz (20g) burdock root,
- 3⁄4oz (20g) schisandra berries,
- 1⁄4oz (10g) artichoke leaves,
- 3⁄4oz (20g) milk thistle,
- 1⁄4oz (10g) gentian root (Gentiana lutea),
- 14fl oz (400ml) good-quality vodka.
Makes 10–12fl oz (300–350ml)
- Finely chop all the dried ingredients, but be careful not to powder them.
- Put all the ingredients except the vodka into a large glass jar with a secure-fitting lid. Pour over the vodka, close the lid tightly, and shake several times.
- Label the jar with the names of all the ingredients and the date. Put the jar in a dark cupboard and shake it at least once every day for the next three weeks.
- Strain the contents of the jar through a muslin (cheesecloth) bag into a measuring jug and transfer the tincture into an appropriately sized (12–14fl oz/350–400ml) sterilized amber glass bottle. Seal the bottle.
- Label the bottle with the names of all the ingredients and the original starting date.
- Begin by taking a few drops each day and build up to one teaspoon 2–3 times daily. Use within six months.
NOTE: Don’t use this tincture if pregnant.