Use this citrus bath bomb to liven up your bath time. Lemon, grapefruit, and lime essential oils are blended with fresh-scented rosemary essential oil to deliver a stimulating fragrance as the ingredients fizz and dissolve in the water. If you want, add some color by using green avocado oil or orange carrot oil instead of the almond oil.
- 23⁄4oz (80g) baking soda,
- 1 tbsp citric acid,
- 4 drops lemon essential oil,
- 4 drops grapefruit essential oil,
- 1 drop rosemary essential oil,
- 1 drop lime essential oil,
- a pinch of dried calendula petals, chopped,
- a dash of avocado oil (optional),
- a dash of carrot oil (optional),
- finely chopped herbs or flowers (optional).
Makes 4 small bombs
- Combine the baking soda and citric acid and mix together on a plate. Sprinkle the essential oils onto the mixture and stir in the calendula petals.
- If you want, you can add some color to your bath bomb by using a dash avocado oil for a green color or carrot oil to get an orange color. You may also want to add finely chopped herbs or flowers such as lavender, calendula, or mint.
- Sprinkle this mixture as a powder directly into the bath, or press it firmly into shaped molds such as ice-cube trays, pastry cutters, or old camera film containers. Add it to the bath water just before you step into the bath.
NOTE: You can turn the bath bomb into a gift by pressing the mixture into a round ball, wrapping it in aluminum foil, covering the foil with tissue paper, and adding some ribbons or other decorations.