The two essential oils in this insect repellent citronella spray are distilled from the leaves of Eucalyptus citriodora, the Australian lemon-scented gum tree and citronella grass. Both oils have a sharp, citrus fragrance and are often used to keep mosquitoes away. Apply this spray every two hours on exposed skin.
- 5 tsp lavender flower water,
- 3 drops Eucalyptus citriodora essential oil,
- 2 drops citronella essential oil.
Makes about 5 tsp
- Blend together the lavender water and essential oils.
- Keep in a sterilized dark glass bottle with a fine mist atomizer.
- Shake well before use to make sure the ingredients are well blended. Use within six months.