Chamomile and evening primrose moisturizer is an unscented, soothing cream to nourish delicate skin. Starflower and evening primrose seed oils are nature’s best sources of gamma-linolenic acid (GLA) and are valued for helping to soothe inflamed, itchy, or dry skin. Almond and cocoa butter softly moisturize, while chamomile soothes.
- 1 tsp beeswax,
- 1 tsp cocoa butter,
- 2 tbsp almond oil,
- 1 tsp borage seed oil,
- 2 tsp evening primrose oil,
- 2 tsp emulsifying wax,
- 2 tbsp chamomile infusion.
Makes 31⁄2fl oz (100ml)
- Heat the beeswax and cocoa butter with the almond, borage, and evening primrose oils in a bowl set over a saucepan of boiling water (bain-marie).
- Dissolve the emulsifying wax in the freshly made, and still warm, chamomile infusion.
- Gradually add the infusion to the oil mixture, whisking fast for about 10 seconds. Leave to cool.
- Store in a sterilized dark glass jar with a tight-fitting lid in the fridge, and use within two months.