Calendula and mandarin lip balm contains mandarin essential oil, which is expressed from the fresh peel of the fruit and has a gently antiseptic and cleansing effect. Lemon balm is active against the herpes virus, so this balm is also useful for treating cold sores. Cocoa butter helps to soothe, condition, and protect lips.
- 1 tsp beeswax,
- 21⁄4oz (70g) cocoa butter,
- 1 tsp coconut oil,
- 5 drops calendula tincture,
- 5 drops lemon balm tincture,
- 10 drops mandarin essential oil.
Makes 23⁄4oz (80g)
- Melt the beeswax, cocoa butter, and coconut oil over a saucepan of hot water (bain-marie).
- Mix the tinctures and essential oil into the mixture.
- Divide between two small sterilized jars and leave to set. It will keep for about three months.