Bananas contain high levels of potassium and amino acids, and make an excellent treatment for nourishing and smoothing damaged or dry hair. Combined with exotic ylang ylang and antioxidant calendula macerated oil, this easy-to-make but highly moisturizing hair mask is especially effective for taming frizzy or unruly curls.
- 1 ripe banana,
- 2 tsp calendula macerated oil,
- 3 drops ylang ylang essential oil,
- a dash of lemon juice to add to rinse.
Makes enough for 1 treatment
- Purée the banana to a smooth paste with a blender; this will make it easier to rinse from your hair. Mix in the calendula and ylang ylang oils.
- Wet your hair, squeeze out the excess water with a towel to leave hair damp, comb through, then massage the banana paste into the hair and scalp.
- Cover your hair with an old shower cap, a plastic wrap, or a large plastic food bag to prevent the mixture from drying out, and leave on the hair for 30 minutes. Remove the mask using your normal shampoo with a dash of added lemon juice.