Broccoli is a rich source of iron, sulphur, and B vitamins; it has been recognized for enhancing the body’s resistance to numerous diseases, partly because of the important antioxidant sulforaphane. It’s very important not to overcook it so that it keeps its healthy chlorophyll. Rosemary improves blood circulation, eases abdominal discomfort caused by weak digestion, and improves the memory.
- 1 large head of broccoli, chopped into florets,
- 1 small avocado, pitted and peeled,
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled,
- Juice of 1⁄2 lemon,
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste,
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, leaves stripped and finely chopped (or 1 tsp dried rosemary),
- 16 olives, pitted,
Makes 2 servings
- Cut the broccoli florets into pieces of a similar size, then put them in a steamer until they are warmed through, but still firm and green.
- Place the avocado flesh in a blender or food processor, add the garlic, lemon juice, salt, and pepper, and blend until smooth.
- Combine all the ingredients thoroughly, making sure the broccoli is well dressed.
- Arrange into a serving dish, scatter the chopped rosemary over the top, and decorate with the olives.