Due to anti-inflammatory and mineral-rich nettle and cleansing lavender infusions, this balancing lemon moisturizer is a perfect moisturizer for oily or problem skin. Add lemon essential oil, which is machine-pressed from the peel of the ripe, fresh fruit and then distilled, to provide a tightening, toning effect on the skin and help to control the oiliness of the skin.
- 1 tsp beeswax,
- 1 tsp cocoa butter,
- 3 tbsp grapeseed oil,
- 2 tsp emulsifying wax,
- 2 tbsp lavender and nettle (50:50 mix) infusion,
- 10 drops lemon essential oil.
Makes 11⁄2oz (40g)
- Heat the beeswax, cocoa butter, and grapeseed oil in a bowl set over a saucepan of boiling water (bain-marie).
- Dissolve the emulsifying wax in the freshly made, and still warm, nettle and lavender infusion.
- Gradually add the infusion to the oil mixture, whisking fast for around 10 seconds.
- As the mixture cools, mix in the lemon essential oil.
- Store in a sterilized dark glass jar with a tight-fitting lid in the fridge, and use within two months.