A light, fine powder such as this baby powder is suitable for soothing and drying a baby’s delicate skin. It’s so gentle and mild that it can be used even with newborn babies: Roman chamomile, which has anti-inflammatory and soothing properties, and propolis, a natural antiseptic, are combined with a base of smoothing cornstarch. Always keep powder away from a baby’s mouth and nose.
- 3 tsp cornstarch,
- 5 drops propolis tincture,
- 2 drops Roman chamomile essential oil.
Makes about 3⁄4oz (20g)
- Sift the cornstarch evenly onto a wide, flat plate.
- Blend the propolis tincture and Roman chamomile essential oil together and transfer into a clean container with a fine mist atomizer.
- Spray this mix onto the cornstarch, making sure to spray evenly and not to saturate the powder, which could cause lumps. Leave the powder to dry.
- Keep the dry powder in a used, clean body powder dispenser or clean pepper shaker. Use within six months.