Aloe vera is an highly cooling and soothing plant extract, and a rich source of nourishing vitamins, proteins, enzymes, and amino acids. This aloe and elderflower body scrub contains fresh, thick, mucilaginous aloe vera juice, elderflowers with anti-inflammatory qualities, and ground rice, which together create an exfoliating paste with refreshing and smoothing properties to the skin.
- 3⁄4oz (20g) dried elderflowers,
- 2 tbsp aloe vera juice,
- scant 1oz (25g) ground rice,
- 3 drops benzoin tincture,
- 4 tsp organic plain yogurt,
- 4 drops lavender essential oil.
Makes enough for 1 application
- Pour aloe vera juice over the elderflowers and leave for 15 minutes.
- Add the ground rice and stir well.
- Add the benzoin, yogurt, and lavender essential oil.
- Apply to the skin with firm circular hand movements.