This after-bite soother contains yarrow, witch hazel, and plantain, which all have anti-inflammatory and styptic properties. Here they are combined with cooling aloe vera, soothing calendula, and a cleansing blend of tea tree and lavender essential oils to make a handy herbal extract spray that will bring immediate relief from the pain and irritation caused by stings and bites.
- 4 tsp witch hazel,
- 1 tsp aloe vera juice,
- 30 drops (1.5ml) plantain tincture,
- 30 drops (1.5ml) calendula tincture,
- 30 drops (1.5ml) yarrow tincture,
- 24 drops lavender essential oil,
- 6 drops tea tree essential oil.
Makes about 2 tbsp
- Blend all the ingredients together.
- Keep in a sterilized dark glass bottle with a fine mist atomizer.
- Shake well before use to make sure the ingredients are well blended. Use within six months.