Grilled eggplants are simple to prepare and mix well with many flavors.
- 3–4 2 large eggplants, peeled and sliced about 1⁄2in (1cm) thick
- 2–3 tbsp olive oil
- 31⁄2oz (100g) ricotta cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped mint
- 3 tbsp dry-roasted pine nuts
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Directions: brush the eggplant slices with oil and grill on a barbecue or a griddle plate, about 4 minutes on each side, till soft and lightly browned. Crumble the ricotta and blend it with most of the mint and pine nuts. Season well. Put a spoonful on each eggplant slice and scatter the remaining mint and nuts over it.
For the topping:
- Combine 3 tbsp pomegranate molasses with 1 tbsp red wine vinegar, ¼ tsp ground chili, and 3oz (80g) finely chopped walnuts.
- Chop cilantro leaves, green chile peppers, and fresh ginger into thick plain yogurt.
- Mix grilled red peppers with chopped anchovy, parsley, and black olives.