Figs with walnuts and goat cheese salad depends on having perfectly ripe figs, fresh goat cheese, the best olive oil, and balsamic vinegar. Use burrata or mozzarella instead of goat cheese.
- 6 large ripe figs handful of walnuts
- 9–10oz (250–300g) young goat cheese
- handful or two of small salad leaves (optional)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2–3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- young mint and basil leaves
Directions: cut the figs in 4 or in six pieces. Break or chop the walnuts into largish pieces. Cut or crumble the goat cheese into pieces. If you’re using the salad leaves spread them on a platter; if not prepare the figs straight onto the platter and arrange the walnuts and cheese around them. Season lightly with salt and pepper, drizzle the vinegar and olive oil over it, and scatter the mint and basil leaves on top.