Cocoa butter is a rich source of antioxidants, deeply nourishing and easily absorbed by the skin. This enriching rose body lotion includes soothing, moisturizing honey and cooling, balancing rose combined with wheatgerm oil rich in vitamin E, which smooths and softens skin. It has a subtle exotic fragrance delivered by the blend of benzoin, ylang ylang, geranium, and vetiver essential oils.
- 1⁄2oz (15g) cocoa butter,
- 1 tsp lanolin,
- 5 tbsp wheatgerm oil,
- 3 tbsp rose infusion,
- 1 tsp honey,
- scant 1oz (25g) emulsifying wax,
- 5 drops benzoin tincture,
- 5 drops vanilla extract,
- 5 drops ylang ylang essential oil,
- 2 drops rose absolute essential oil,
- 2 drops geranium essential oil,
- 1 drop vetiver essential oil.
Makes 31⁄2 (fl oz) 100ml
- Melt the cocoa butter, lanolin, and wheatgerm oil in a bowl set over a pan of boiling water (bain-marie).
- Prepare the rose infusion and while still hot, dissolve the honey and emulsifying wax in it.
- Gradually mix this infusion mixture in the cocoa butter and oil mixture 1 tablespoon at a time, whisking continuosly. Then add the benzoin tincture, vanilla extract, and essential oils.
- Store in a sterilized glass bottle with a tight-fitting lid in the fridge for up to three weeks. Shake before use.